Buying a Home or Property
REALTORS? help buyers make smart decisions.
You want to find the best home or property for your needs and to make the wisest investment possible. Your Illinois REALTOR? understands the importance of this major purchase to you and has the essential knowledge to ensure your buying experience is a smooth and successful one.
Here are 10 ways Your Illinois REALTOR? can help you buy a home or property:
- Determine your buying power and criteria
- Research available properties in your market via many resources such as the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) and a broad network of REALTORS?--even if you are locating to another city
- Show you properties that meet your specific criteria
- Give you objective information about each property
- Negotiate a price that fits your budget
- Help you understand different financing options and identify qualified lenders
- Provide up-to-date information on property values, real estate taxes, utility costs, municipal services and facilities, and local zoning changes
- Recommend home inspection services to help analyze the structure and condition of the home
- Understand the complex paperwork and steps for the purchasing process
- Serve as your advisor from "offer through closing"
The typical Illinois home search
- Recent home buyers searched for a home for 12 weeks and viewed 12 homes.
- 82 percent of home buyers used a real estate professional when purchasing their home.
- Nine in ten home buyers used the Internet to search for homes.
- 96 percent of home buyers financed their recent home purchase.
- Real estate agents were viewed as a very useful information source by 81 percent of buyers who used an agent while searching for a home.
Source: Illinois Association of REALTORS? Illinois Profile of Home Buyers and Home Sellers, 2009